To provide Human Capital consultation services in an assigned business area. Advisory services include end to end human capital services including workforce planning, resourcing, management of the employee life cycle, managing organisational effectiveness, reward, talent management and capability development.
Guide workforce and organisational planning
- Support team leaders and line managers to link their people plans to the overall business plan on an annual basis. Contribute to improvements required in the plans if gaps are identified.
- Contribute to the development of the annual staff cost budgets by providing advice on market pay and anticipated workforce changes.
- Review the organisation structure on the SAP system on a monthly basis and work with line managers to arrange corrections where needed. This includes ensuring that unused vacancies are removed.
- Support line managers to refine their organisation structures by applying organisation design principles and levels of work. For complex or large structure changes, call for support from the Human Capital Business Partners.
- Develop new job descriptions with input from line managers if the required jobs are not available on the job library.
- Submit new and updated job descriptions to Organisation Effectiveness for job evaluation and publication. Follow up on completion of the grading and supply grade results and educate line managers on the outcomes and process.
- Source workforce composition reports from the SAP system to support and educate line managers to review the effectiveness and productivity of their teams. Support the process of requesting headcount approvals if needed.
Monitor and support the resourcing of the business area
- Work closely with the resourcing team in the business area to keep track of new resignations and open vacancies. Closely collaborate on filling the key vacancies and participate in interviews on request.
- Drive the requisition approval process for new and replacement vacancies according to the business area specific requirements.
- Participate in the development of offers for new candidates by reviewing the market remuneration data and making recommendations to the resourcing teams and the line managers on the most appropriate pay levels.
- Support line managers in their decision making process around the use of contingency workers such as temps, fixed term contractors and consultants. Guide them through the governance around each of these. Ensure that the pay rates are in line with permanent employees performing similar functions.
- Ensure that all new non-permanent resources have contracts in place before they start work. Keep a diary of contract expiry dates and highlight contracts that are about to expire to the line managers where they work at least one month prior to expiry date.
Support and advise line managers throughout the employee life cycle
- Participate in the onboarding of new resources by obtaining a list of new starters in the business unit on a monthly basis. Arrange for introductions to the Human Capital team within the first week of their starting.
- Review and approve employee portal self-service requests that require Human Capital approval.
- Act as a champion of self service by explaining the functionality available to employees and line managers and helping them to navigate through transactions where needed.
- Facilitate employee relations by driving the formal processes related to standard or non-complex disciplinary enquiries. Advise the disciplinary chair on the procedural requirements. On request, act as the scribe for hearings. Make recommendations on the correct sanctions to be applied for the particular misconduct or issue.
- Prepare the impact analysis during restructing activities. Ensure that employee documentation is prepared according to the defined standards to effect the decision of the restructures.
- Off board resources by setting up and conducting exit interviews for general staff, team leaders and line managers. Consolidate the exit interview feedback for review with the Human Capital Business Partner.
- Explain exit procedures to employees who have resigned including the terms of exit (for example last day payment and medical aid deductions).
- Ensure that line managers have a thorough understanding of the Human Capital processes and procedures that need to be followed to manage and govern activities in their teams.
Support reward and performance management processes
- Explain benefits and payslip information to employees on request. Refer complex enquiries to the reward team. Encourage the use of PeopleFirst for payslip and basic enquiries.
- Monitor the capturing of performance agreements during goal setting and ratings uploads during performance discussion phases. Send reminders to line managers who are overdue.
- Prepare performance analytics using the PeopleFluent system to review rating distributions by gender, ethnic origin, job level and business area. Highlight areas where ratings may need adjustment during moderation exercises.
- Support the preparation of performance reporting for moderation sessions. Prepare minutes of moderation meetings.
- Drive the remuneration cycle preparation process in the business area by reviewing salary data against the assigned survey code. Highlight corrections required to the reward team. Ensure that employees are linked to the correct job codes on the SAP system.
- Support the calculation of bonus and increase pots and the distribution to line managers and other decision makers in the business.
- Project manage the process of collecting increase and bonus recommendations from line managers and ensure that reward timelines are adhered to. Interpret the reward guidelines for managers.
- Analyse the recommendations and provide feedback to line managers on changes they need to make to be in line with reward guidelines.
- Run the performance and reward moderation meetings for general staff and first line managers in the business area by arranging the meeting participation, briefing the line managers on the process and preparing the analytics for the reviews. Document decisions taken and ensure that an audit trail can be kept of the decisions.
- Drive participation in the bank's recognition programmes by encouraging employee partipation and explaining benefits to employees and line managers.
Develop talent and capability
- Contribute to the work of the business unit's learning and development team in the development of skills development plans on an annual basis. Use input from performance management reviews as well as an interpretation of the business unit plans.
- Assist with the scheduling of skills based assessments.
- Highlight available training to line managers.
- Monitor the progress of mandatory compliance training and help employees and line managers understand the importance of adhering to compliance training requirements.
- Drive the nomination for management and leadership development. Provide advice to line managers on the nomination criteria.
- Facilitate the nomination and validation of talented individuals in the business area. Coordinate talent events as directed by the Head Human Capital.
- Explain the benefits of succession planning and career development to line managers and team leaders. Support the development of career plans for identified talent.
- Develop succession plans for the business area as part of the talent review sessions
Provide human capital business intelligence
- Encourage line managers to use self service reporting available on the employee portal.
- Draw monthly reports of the key people metrics. Review the trends for the business area for all the key items. Highlight areas of concern to the business area's management team and make recommendations on actions that can be taken to improve the trends. For example, if performance ratings are declining a deep dive could be done to determine the reasons and detailed actions should then be developed.
- Explain the content and significance of the people metrics to line managers.
- If line managers require additional information, consolidate the requirement and provide feedback to the business intelligence team in Human Capital Enablement on what the needs are.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial Psychology
- 3-4 years in Business Partnering (Experience in advising line managers on the practical application of Human Capital policies and processes to enable their business outcomes).
Do you have a CV?
Create and Download a professional looking CV. It's as simple as entering your details. The system will use the details you entered to generate a professional looking CV which you can
Download and use. Get started.
Send this Job to a friend via WhatsApp
Share on WhatsApp