Lancet Laboratories: Admin Clerk / Receptionist
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Admin Clerk / Receptionist.
- Administers sorting and distribution of samples according to set standard operating procedures to ensure the correct and prioritised channelling of specimens to various laboratories/ sites.
- Processes sample registration (“logging”) and queries according to set standard operating procedures.
- Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turnaround time.
- Performs hospital rounds to distribute reports and collect submitted samples for processing in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Handles and refers administrative queries and customer complaints to ensure timely resolution of queries and responses to complaints.
- Responsible to track progress of sample delivery by couriers to ensure that specimens are received by the designated laboratory, processed and results returned timeously and in compliance with set standard operating procedures.
- Investigates bottleneck in pre-analytical laboratory processes and ensure timely resolution of challenges.
- Ensures basic housekeeping in own working area, including suitable cleaning and preparation of equipment according to set standard operating procedures.
- Monitors stock levels and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times and ensure delivery of stock to the doctor’s rooms.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with medical professionals and staff.
- Management of the reception area and give out relevant information and direct clients to relevant departments while offering excellent customer service
- Receives cash from patients and ensures banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Grade 12
- Bsc Degree Advantageous
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Adherence to company dress code
- Administrative skills
- Attention To Detail
- Confidentiality / Sensitivity
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Business numeracy
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Do you have a CV?
Create and Download a professional looking CV. It's as simple as entering your details. The system will use the details you entered to generate a professional looking CV which you can
Download and use. Get started.
Send this Job to a friend via WhatsApp
Share on WhatsApp