Groen Sebenza: Environmental Internship Opportunity 2022
The Groen Sebenza Phase II Programme is a bridging into work programme funded to the tune of R300m for the next three years. GS Phase aims to recruit 1050 unemployed graduates (diploma - PHD) and place them nationally in different organisations (government and non-governmental) where they will be incubated (trained and mentored) to further develop their competence and confidence in the management of environment/biodiversity.
Namakwa District Municipality in partnership with The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is pleased to announce a call for applications for incubation in the below mentioned field of study.
Reference No: 18/2022
The programme goals:
- Enable workplace-based learning for graduates aimed at building and strengthening their capacity at various levels.
- Creation of job opportunities and possible permanent placement beyond funding.
- Transformation and organisational strengthening - strengthen different organisational development aspects including transformation in its totality, mentoring, proactive skills and planning to better respond to organisational mandates and other national priorities.
- Research informed - through research, develop a ‘live’ skills intelligence system that will enable the sector to proactively plan for skills development and track and trace the utilisation of the developed skills
- Must have a Qualification in: BA in Environmental Management
- Must be a SA citizen.
- Young unemployed and underemployed professionals between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Innovative, dynamic and creative
- A commitment to a career development in the environmental/biodiversity sector.
- Must hold qualifications mentioned in table above
- People with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
Internship monthly stipend values:
- Diploma completed (or equivalent to NQF 6): R6 082.00
- Bachelors completed (or equivalent to NQF 7): R7 359.00
- Honours completed (or equivalent to NQF 8): R8 697.00
- Masters completed (or equivalent to NQF 9): R10 035.00
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Do you have a CV?
Create and Download a professional looking CV. It's as simple as entering your details. The system will use the details you entered to generate a professional looking CV which you can
Download and use. Get started.
Send this Job to a friend via WhatsApp
Share on WhatsApp