Clicks: Shop Assistant / Cashier
We have an exciting opportunity in our Clicks' stores for Shop Assistants / Cashiers who will report to the Store Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in retail.
- To efficiently execute all operational activities at the point of sale in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain high levels of accuracy when scanning merchandise and collecting payment for goods purchased, including actioning clubcard rewards.
- To ensure the safe handling of cash at all times.
- To proactively promote the Clicks' clubcard and to enroll new clubcard members in order to achieve the clubcard participation targets.
- To make customers aware of promotions in order to positively affect sales and to ensure customers "feel good and pay less".
- To deliver superior customer service by acting as a brand ambassador, being visible and offering a friendly and professional service.
- To efficiently execute and maintain all merchandising and general housekeeping duties according to store and visual merchandise standards.
- To ensure continuity of excellent service by focusing on own development and product knowledge and sharing product information with relief staff
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- To maintain updated knowledge on products, ranges, promotions and events in order to provide the correct information to customers at all times.
- Essential / Required: Grade 12
- Advantageous: Maths 50% and English 50% at Grade 12 level
- Advantageous: Relevant Retail/Business Management qualification
- Advantageous: experience in a customer facing role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic math’s calculations
- Understanding of stock management procedures
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Numeracy skills
- Relating and networking
- Following instructions and procedures
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with people
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning and Organising
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Do you have a CV?
Create and Download a professional looking CV. It's as simple as entering your details. The system will use the details you entered to generate a professional looking CV which you can
Download and use. Get started.
Send this Job to a friend via WhatsApp
Share on WhatsApp