Transnet: Young Professional in Training 2023
The Company Secretariat department is looking for dynamic and recently qualified graduates for a two-year Young Professional in Training Programme. The incumbents is to be trained in rendering seamless corporate governance services to the Transnet Board of Directors, its Committees, Executive Committee and its Sub-Committees.
This training is aimed at addressing skills requirements. The Young Professional in Training is conducted over a 24 month period during which the Young Professionals will be assessed on a six monthly basis. This Programme will provide the incumbents with relevant workplace experience through a structured learning programme and organizational support to grow them into a position/role within Group Company Secretariat, if available.
Exposure will be in the following areas:
- Collaborate with company secretaries in minute writing.
- Assist with annual review and update of Committee charters
- Prepare and track matters arising and resolutions register from Board, Board Committees and Management ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with all matters relating to Board activities including AGM, Board evaluations and Director Inductions.
- Coordinate the filing of all statutory returns and forms, such as annual returns; forms for Director and Officers’ appointments and resignations with the designated service provider.
- Coordinate the preparation of Governance Sections of the corporate plan and Integrated Report.
- Conduct benchmarking, coordinate drafting of Company Secretariat Governance Policies, including review of the related policies
An appropriate Bachelor Degree in:
- or related qualification
Skills and Competencies:
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage knowledge and information via online databases;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent planning and organising;
- Good problem solving;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Time Management
- Effective crisis management
- Ability to manage pressure, adversity, multi-tasking and working within tight schedules
- Meticulous and attention to detail
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Do you have a CV?
Create and Download a professional looking CV. It's as simple as entering your details. The system will use the details you entered to generate a professional looking CV which you can
Download and use. Get started.
Send this Job to a friend via WhatsApp
Share on WhatsApp