Sasol Agriculture Trust: Bursaries 2024
Sasol Agriculture Trust invites students to apply for the 2024 Bursary Programme.
Fields of Study:
Bursaries will be awarded for Master (MSc) Doctorate (PhD) studies, within the South African agricultural industry, including the following fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Food Sciences (relevant to the crop industry)
- Livestock Science
- Molecular Biology
- Pasture Science
- Plant Biochemistry
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Entomology
- Plant Nematology
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Soil Microbiology
- Soil Science
- Weed Science
The value of the bursary will depend on the level of study:
- MSc/ Masters by Dissertation students will receive funding up to R99 750 per annum, for 2 years.
- PhD/ Doctoral Research students will receive funding up to R131 250 per annum, for 3 years.
Bursary funds will be paid out according to the submitted and approved progress reports by the bursary recipient and their supervisor, with the first installment to be paid in January 2024.
Once students have graduated, they must work within the agricultural industry of South Africa, for a duration of time equal to that of the bursary received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a Masters or Doctoral qualification relevant to the South African agricultural industry
- You must be studying or enrolled to study at a tertiary institution recognised by the Sasol Agriculture
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other funding or bursary awards (unless agreed to by the Trust)
- You must intend on conducting a dissertation/ thesis on a topic that has been approved by the Sasol Agriculture Trust
- You must be willing to work within the South African agricultural industry after completing your studies
- You must have read and agreed to all of the bursary conditions, policies and procedures (on the application form)
- You must agree to the terms of and complete the the Legal Undertaking form of the bursary (Section I on the application form)
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Do you have a CV?
Create and Download a professional looking CV. It's as simple as entering your details. The system will use the details you entered to generate a professional looking CV which you can
Download and use. Get started.
Send this Job to a friend via WhatsApp
Share on WhatsApp